Sunday, January 4, 2015

11/24/2014 Awkward

That awkward moment when you get to the Ciber on monday and your family hasnt written you...
Ha its ok. Forgiveness is granted.
Anywho, this past weekend was good. Not much went on we just did alot of good walking. I weighed myself the other day, 74 kilos. 163 pounds haha. I must have a worm or something. Or all the ab excersice is finally paying off! Six packs for christmas!! haha
I got into a fight with a grandma the yesterday. We were going to an investigators to take them to church, and they werent there, so we went out looking for them ans ran into the parents of a recent convert that lived by there. They said they werent going to be able to go to church because one of their moms (grandma1) got sick and they were going to sell like all of their electronics to go pay for the medical bills, and then they were going to take care of her. But they said that Renata was home and we could take her to church, just go and tell her to change really fast and come with us.
So we knock on the door and grandma2 opens the door. 
I told her that we came for Renata so she could come to church with us. 
Grandma 2 says that no she wasnt going to go because she was going to spend the day with Renata.
I said no because we literally had just talked to her parents outside of the house and they to tell her to change and come with us. 
She goes on a random tangent saying that they were gone because grandma1 was sick.
I said I know we just talked to them, they told us to come get Renata.
She says that she comes from really far away and shes leaving at 4 and needs to spend the day with Renata.
I know where the grandma2 lives, and its not that far away. Like 20 minutes in a bus.
Then she goes on a tangent saying that last weekend Renata and Jorje (the other kid living there) got stranded at her house because she took them there (without consulting mom first) and didnt have enough money to send them back home, so they were there from friday until monday. 
I said I already knew, because I was the one that gave Renatas parents the money to go and get her and bring her back. 
She was like.. oh haha
Then she went on a rant about how she needed Renata there and how they didnt need to go to church because they read the Bible. (Grandma2 is a member of our church)
After 5 weeks of Renata not coming to church because of ridiculous stunts like this by this very Grandma2, I was a tad frustrated, so I decided to not be passive and lay down some straight condemnation on that old lady.
I told her that it was great that they read the bible, but if she didnt want to sanctify the sabbath day and follow the commandments of God that she didnt have to. She doesnt have to go to heaven, she doesnt have to be happy. She can be condemed forever, I didnt care. But to please let her Granddaughter come to church to preserve the covenants that she has made with God and not be condemned. 
That poor old lady haha.
She got all high and mighty, but my words pierced her and she told her daughter to go to church with us.
1 Nephi 16:1-3
 And now it came to pass that after I, Nephi, had made an end ofspeaking to my brethren,
 behold they said unto me: Thou hast declared unto us hard things,  
more than we are able to bear.
 And it came to pass that said unto them that knew that hadspoken hard things 
against the wicked, according to the truth; andthe righteous have justified, and testified 
 that they should belifted up at the last day; wherefore, the guilty taketh the truth tobe hard, 
 for it cutteth them to the very center.
 And now my brethren, if ye were righteous and were willing tohearken to the truth, and 
 give heed unto it, that ye might walkuprightly before God, then ye would not murmur 
 because of thetruth, and say: Thou speakest hard things against us.
If they get peeved by me saying the truth, its because theyre sinners.
Elder Harrison wins! haha
Is that bad to glory in that?
I dont really know.
All I know is that Renata came to church, and that made me happy.

I love you all alot!
Elder Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment