Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23, 2014

Hey!

So this past week has been kind of long a dreary, but I’m surviving and still having a good time here at the ole' CCM.

So to start off, Elder Parks and I got made Zone Leaders here. It's pretty cool being a ZL. I've had the opportunity to counsel a few of the newer missionaries and so far I've really enjoyed the opportunity. I love teaching other missionaries about things because it helps me see what I need to learn more of. If you know something well, you should be able to summarize it. 

On Sunday night we had a new Zone Leader training meeting up at the Wyview chapel and we saw an Elder completely snap. But before that, let’s get a little background info on this crazy guy.

So as a zone, we have a secret way to mix all the drinks in the Cafeteria that make it into a rainbow drink. Like all the colors of the rainbow in a cup and they don't mix. It's pretty cool. Well this elder saw my drink, and went a bit nuts. He started getting all excited and trying to figure out what it was. I said it was a zone secret, and he tried to get it out of me and I wouldn't tell him. So instead, I saw his skinny little arm cross my vision, and start touching my cup. Like he had his elbow in my mashed potatoes! And he kept pointing at the colors and asking what it was and wouldn't leave. So we told him that it came out in a rainbow on the other side of the drink fountain; which was a lie. But was still funny. He went prancing over to the other side to check, but was disappointed when he realized that everything is the same of that side as on the other. So I thought he had given up. However, three minutes later I see his skinny mash covered elbow shoot across my food tray and grab my rainbow drink. He then proceeded to declare that he would be able to smell it, and put his nose right in the cup. It touched the liquid. It came out dripping with rainbow drinky goodness.
I decided I didn't want it anymore.

So there's the preface to the crazy guy.

Now let’s fast forward to the new ZL meeting. He walks in late with his comp and sits right next to us. The teacher directing the meeting was talking about being a mission president in Argentina. For anyone that knows Jackson Ostler, it was his old mission president. Any who, the teacher was talking about how good the fruit is in Argentina. He was in the midst of talking about the street fruit stands, when the crazy elder raised his hand with a question. He first stated that he didn't want to be rude, but he wanted to know how fruit stands were important at all to us being trained as zone leaders and sister training leaders. The teacher said he was just telling stories while he waited for everyone to arrive.
Five minutes later the crazy guy had yet another question. The question started off like this. 
Crazy Guy: "So as I’ve been sitting here, I noticed a few really cute sisters walk in. I'm assuming that since they're here that they're sister missionaries. I'm a missionary so I won't do anything, but If I wasn't then who knows? I might go for something." Ok totes awks suspended. 
CG: "So my question is, how will you know when everyone gets here?" 
Teacher: "I won't, I'll just have to hope that everyone is here when I start." 
CG: "So do you think that if you listened to the spirit, that it would tell you? Do you think that maybe If you had the spirit with you, that It would be telling you to start this meeting instead of me having to tell you for it?"
Sooo.... that was a really uncomfortable thing to have happen during a zone meeting haha. The teacher started the meeting, and started talking about how we need to love the new incoming missionaries because they'll probably be nervous and stuff. Right then, crazy guy lifts his hand. 
CG: "so I promised my companion that I wouldn't speak again but.."
Teacher: "well you broke your promise! You broke your promise."
CG: "I did, but I just wanted to say that, everything that you just said, everything that just came out of your mouth, was just like me, and my district, and we just wanted to know, like what did the presidency say this morning, because I know there was a meeting, and it was important, but like, what happened yesterday?" His question made no sense.
The teacher just looked at him and said we'd get to that, just sit quietly and listen. At this point, crazy guy's comp is quietly whispering for him to shut up. I look back at our training manual, and I see the same skinny, now clean of mash, elbow flit into view. His hand grabs my book and I hear a voice tell me to bring it over closer to him so that he and his comp can see. 
Elder Harrison was starting to get annoyed.
The teacher started off on a tangent saying how the Hermanas always wear shoes that hurt their feet. Crazy guy decided that he had more to say.
CG raises hand
Teacher looks at him, and tells him to hold his comments
CG raises hand again.
Teacher tells him to sit quietly
CG decides he can't hold it in anymore
CG: "so does this apply to elders too? or does this even matter?"
Teacher: "Elder, that was not appropriate, and you need to be silent or I'm going to tell you to leave." Ha. Awkward.
So he starts whispering to his comp, who keeps telling him to shut it, and telling him that he didn't need to be here because he already knew it all, and he was here because he needed to show his example with everyone, and he was going to bear his testimony and blah blah blah. The dude was rambling. He then decided to look at me, and say quite loudly, that he could tell I had the spirit and I needed to get up and do what it was telling me to do right now. I was confused. He continued whispering and it kept getting louder. To the point when a Hermana turned around and told him, very politely, to please be quite so she could listen. He didn't like that. He started saying something sassy back when an awesome Hermana in the row in front of us turned around, and told him to be quite. In a very forceful way. He really didn't like that. He stands up, and freaking starts waving his arms around and yelling about how he wanted to be an example and just needed to share his example with everyone. The teacher tells his comp to take him out, which he stands up and starts pushing him out. The crazy guy resisting every push. Yelling about his example. But the best part, was right as his comp was giving him the final shove out the door, he throws both arms up in the air, and shouts "I JUST WANNA PREACH THE GOSPEL!!" lolz too funny.

Then he snapped and tried to attack his comp in the hallway. Afterwards, our district walked by a window of the chapel and saw the crazy guy like trying to escape, and a bunch of elders come in and shove him against the wall haha. He got sent to a psych ward. Probably one of the funniest things I've witnessed in my life haha.

In other news, James Olsen is here in the MTC with me, we get to play volleyball together like yesterday. 
Well my comp keeps looking at me and I think that means he wants to leave soooo..

Luvs you all
Elder Harrison


No comments:

Post a Comment