Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January 15, 2014

Hey y'all,

Soooo this week has kinda been the bomb. 

Another group of elders left this last monday, and it was sad to see them go, but every week I end up getting a sick tie from someone, so I guess that makes it worth it right? One of them, an Elder Buchholz (pronounced Beu-holts) Ended up not being able to receive his Visa so he got reassigned to Oakland Cali until he's able to get it. His district left early on monday morning but he didn't leave until Wednesday morning, so I got to be in a tripanionship with him. He was a really solid guy. About 5'7, from seattle, and had like the longest hair that i've ever seen a missionary have haha. We got to tri teach four investigators with him, and he really brought in the spirit in a great way. He was a really good teacher too, and his spanish was a bit better than mine so it was nice to have someone that was better than me at spanish that could teach. Because when it's just my comp and I we just kinda look at each other when we run out of things to say haha. But we're getting better. At first I thought that it would kinda suck having a tri, but it actually ended up being like the best thing ever. We were able to blast our investigators with three testimonies instead of only two, and that allowed to spirit to get our point across better than it would have without it. He left early this morning and it was a bummer to see him go, but I know he'll be a great missionary and he'll defintely find success in Cali. The lord needs him there before he gets to go to Argentina I guess!

Today I got to go to the temple with some of da peeps from our zone. Let me tell yallz, when in doubt go to the temple. I feel like in the church sometimes we like to think that the church is the big deal and the Temple is just a side show, when really the whole point of the church is to get people to the temple to make sacred covenants with Heavenly Father, which will eventually, through our righteousness, allow us to become like him. I declare that the Temple is in fact the big deal, and everything else in our lives should be the side show. 
Anywho, I got to go to the temple, and I loved it. I learn more of God and of myself every time that I go there, which is a good reason for me to keep on going! I got to participate in sealings today, and I got to see what the end result of my mission will be. It was so sacred that I can't even write some of the things that I felt there, but I do know for sure that what I am doing is right, and will enable others to be with their families forever. That is the greatest gift I can give to anyone.

Well the weeks are all basically the same here. Studied, took some pics, ate some nasty MTC food, gained some weight, got some knowledge, and felt the spirit.

I've felt myself come closer to the Lord here. I'm definitely not the same person that I was when I first got here. I know that this mission is not for me. It's for those who need to hear my testimony and those who want to change. But even more importantly, it's for the Lord. 

I love you all and I hope you all have a great week :)

Love Elder Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment