Thursday, April 17, 2014

4/1/14 Este Semana

So this week was great. At times a tad bit dificult because almost all of our plans and appointments fell through, but we had at least one good lesson everyday and that always made the day worth it!

So I forgot to write last week two big things that happened.
1. We had a ward conference last sunday and I was in the choir with the other missionaries. Which consists of Elder Keith, Elder Bravo, and I singing, while Elder Aguilar plays the violin with the piano. We had practiced together a bunch of times, and we have a new choir director that actually knew how to do choir stuff, so we were pretty pumped and knew that we sounded good.
Elder Keith and Elder Bravo left about 20 minutes before sacrament meeting started to go grab some investigators. What none of us knew was that we were going to sing to start off the meeting. So before they got back, the choir director told us all (all 5 of us. We had 4 sisters singing with us. Fun fact, one of them is trying to get into BYU Idaho for the next year.) to stand up. And they started playing the music. It was about this time that I realized that I was alone and I was gonna have to do the mens part by myself.
So I said a prayer, and I went Josh Groban on that stuff. Hollaaa haha. Totally nailed it.
2 minutes later the other elders walked in and we sang the rest of the songs for the meeting together.

2. Elder Quentin L Cook came to speak to us as a mission! I fasted for it to prepare myself, and the whole mission did the same. All of my prayers were answered by his words and the words of other mouthpieces of the Lord that accompanied him. Elder Tad R Callister was with him and blew our minds with some good doctrine about the Atonement. At this meeting was also the Reynosa mission, so I got to see Dallin Hunt from high school! It was awesome! He has about 10 months on me here and speaks rockin spanish. It was such a blessing to see such a good friend from high school so far away from home. Tender Mercies errday.

Soooo What were your favorite parts of conference? I got to watch it in English with a bunch of other Elders from America at our stake center. It was awesome to be with a bunch of gringos watching conference haha. English all around! I havent heard so much english in months!

I really loved the talk by Elder Oaks from the priesthood session, I would encourage you all to read it when it comes out. It talks about the priesthood and I believe that it can apply easily to men and women. Because everyone that is worthy to have the spirit has access to Priesthood Power. 

So yeah im super pumped from conference! So pumped in fact, that I was able to help an investigator that hadnt progressed in years, to start on the path to make the changes she needs to make. We´re going to hold a wedding for her in about a month so she can be baptized, and I shot Nefi 3:7 at her and told her that getting married and living the day of the sabbath was a commandment. So if she truly wants to live them, then God will provide a way and will support her. I told her it wont be easy and she may have to be strong with her boss at work, but it was time for her to stand up for what she believes and wants and do it! Because there is nothing more important in this life than the covenants that we can make at baptism and in the temple. The spirit was super strong and she committed to make the changes! 

This weekend we might have a baptism. Gorgonio is super old, and will agree to be baptized, but I think his brain is a little fried and doesnt quite know what baptism is. So we´re going to work with that and hopefully he is ready to take the step this saturday! If so there will be pictures to follow!

Also this week another woman had a dream about me. Shes a less active member and said she had a dream a few nights before where there was a man following her and she couldnt get him to leave as she went about her normal day, and she said that her daughter had seen her and asked her why she was always walkng around with satan. She tried telling her that she didnt want him to follow her but he wouldnt leave. She woke up and realized that she needed to go to church again.
But in the dream she said that she saw me and another Elder that looked kind of like me, tall and with glasses, walking down the sidewalk by Cruz Verde, which is like a clinic in our area. The spirit was strong when she was telling us about this, and she said that she had a dream before  Elder Ramirez (the elder before me) came to this area about him and then he got transfered here. So I´m thinking that after this transfer Im gonna be getting another companion whos tall like me and wears glasses. I´ll be training maybe? hopefully? We´ll seeeee.

So my spanish has taken off lately. The gift of Tongues has definitely been blessing me. I´ve been praying to forget english too, so my english has steadily been getting worse. Which is fine because I dont really need it right now anyways haha. I guess you´ll have to tell me next month for mothers day over skype!

Also, if you cant all be together, can we get some kind of multi person skype thing going? like a conference call? Cuz that would be awesome :)

Oooh in between sessions of Gconf we went out contacting, and I had a super great contact with this couple that was filling up their water jugs at a water station here. The spirit was strong and was definitely helping the words come from my mouth. I testified to them that God had a purpose for them and that we can realize this purpose by making covenants with Him. I then told them that We were going to invite them to be baptized and we were going to baptize them so that they could recieve the blessings of the Lord in their lives. I even brought up the custom that they have here of baptizing little kids, and I told them that was false because all that kids want are dulces. It was awesome and they were super receptive and wanted to learn more.

So yeah that was awesome.

Anywho that was kinda my week! Just loving it up and getting better everyday! Love you all and I hope you have good weeks! Feel free to send me American Cnady in the mail!

Love Elder Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment