Sunday, February 16, 2014

Feburary 13 2014

Hey there fam.

Sooo... Mexico is interesting.

First of all.

Sometimes.. I have to shower with a bucket.
Which, i´m not gonna lie, is a very new experience.
But at the same time I Kinda enjoyed it haha. I´m super glad I bought a loofa. Cuz that thing is great for not much agua situations.

Also, I wish I hadn´t packed up my robe. Cuz It gets freaking cold here in the mornings.

Sooo this week has been interesting. I got a new companion, Elder Aguilar. He´s a native of Mexico, and doesn´t know much English. So communication with him is a bit frustrating. 

Honestly, I know I´m doing the right thing here, and I know that I just need to have more faith. But this is freaking hard. I´m tired all day, and most mornings I just want to quit. I don´t know why, but i´m just not very happy, and I have this weird feeling of dread all the time. Idk, but i´m trying to be as obedient as I can and have more faith and determination. 

I´m pretty sure the Lord is just humbling me though. 

Spanish is frustrating. I can speak with other americans pretty well. But with Mexicans, thats a different story. Also they don´t get my sarcasm very well, because when I say something sarcastic they just think that I don´t understand what i´m saying haha.

Sorry I didn´t write sooner! We didn´t have a Pday this monday because we got to go to the temple today, which is jueves, or thursday. Temple stuff in spanish is tough haha. But I felt a bit better after the temple, so I´m hoping things start going better from now on.

So basically they whole of last week I felt discouraged and frustrated. But I got to go on splits this last tuesday with the DL´s companion, and we went and talked with the barrio mission leader, wards are called barrios here btw. But anyways I got to talk with their ward mission leader, and he was asking me how I was enjoying mission life, and I said that I was a bit frustrated and discouraged. He went on to say a whole lot of things I didn´t understand. But the cool thing was, I could understand what the spirit was trying to tell me. We both ended up crying a little bit and he gave me a hug. I don´t know exactly what he said. But I felt the spirit really strongly. From what I did understand, and from what the spirit taught me, I need to just lose myself. I get to spend two whole years doing nothing but that which the savior would do, and it will go fast. I jsut need to have patience with myself, and do as the savior would do. Because I am his representative, and I need to present myself as such.

After our talk, his less active grandson came by and we taught him the plan of salvation. During the lesson I was sitting there quietly as usual, as my temporary companion taught the plan of salvation. When the question came to my mind´´what would Jesus do?´´ I thought for a moment. If Jesus were in a place where he doesn´t understand the language very well, and is supposed to be teaching people, what would he do?
He would try.
So that´s what I did. We started talking about the Atonement of Christ, and I chimed in and asked him why we need the Atonement of Christ. From there I just talked and I told him in the few words I know, but with all the power of my spirit, that I know the Atonement of Christ is real, and it is the only way we can return to our Father in heaven again. He told me afterwards, that even though I don´t understand well, that I spoke with power.

I am thankful that the spirit knows spanish when I don´t. Because it can say the things that I don´t know how to say.

Since then my days have been a bit better,
We met a crazy dude yesterday that says he is a doctor for the sicknesses of the soul. That was pretty neat. Cool thing was, I understood almost everything that he said! It was all like crazy ramblings, but it was cool being able to understand.
Elder Aguilar and I are meeting with him again on saturday.
Totes gonna baptize him ;) haha

Anywho, that was my week. I have another Pday on monday, and from then on they should be on monday except for every six weeks, which is when we get to go to the temple.

Luvz from Treva to da Fam!
Elder Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment